Tuesday 2 October 1951
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
An American in Paris, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1951!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1951 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Romina Power: American actress, singer and noted family, the daughter of Tyrone Power and Linda Christian.
- Sting : British musician, a singer, guitarist, keyboardist, band leader, record producer and songwriter, one of the most charismatic rock stars of the '80s.
- 1st Netherlands TV broadcast (Toverspiegel)
- Dodgers beat Giants 10-0, in 2nd game of play-offs
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?