Sunday 2 September 1917
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Ko yue no yami, directed by Kaichi Yamamoto, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1917!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1917 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Laurindo Almeida: Brazilian guitarist, a great and individual virtuoso in the bossa nova and a great jazz guitarist.
- Cleveland Amory: American writer, author of "Who Killed Society," and "Proper Bostonians.
- Deutsche Vaterlands Party forms (by Admiral Tirpitz)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- There's a Long, Long Trail A-Winding - John McCormack
- When the Sun Goes Down in Dixie (And the Moon Begins to Rise) - George Wilson & Lewis James
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1917?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 2 September 1917 and get them!