Tuesday 2 August 1938
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Four Daughters, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1938!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1938 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Dave Balon: Canadian ice hockey player and coach (d. 2007).
- Pierre de Bané: Israeli-Canadian lawyer and politician.
- Paul Jenkins: American actor (d. 2013).
- Terry Peck: Falkland Islander who acted as a scout for 3rd Battalion, The Parachute Regiment in the Falklands War (Born 1938).
- Pierre de Bane: French-Canadian politician.
- Brunhilde Hendrix: German FR, relay runner (1960 Olympics - Silver Medalist)
- Bjarni Thorsteinsson: Composer, dies at 76.
- 1st test of a yellow baseball (Dodgers vs. Cardinals)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?