Wednesday 2 September 1992
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Madilyn Bailey and Xenia Knoll.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to End Of The Road by Boyz II Men.
In UK Rhythm Is A Dancer by Snap! was in the top 5 hits.
Sneakers, directed by Phil Alden Robinson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1992
while Gerald'S Game by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Packing Them In.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Captain Tsubasa 3: Koutei no Chousen or Mario Kart.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1992!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1992 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Madilyn Bailey: Pop Singer.
- Xenia Knoll: Swiss tennis player.
- Nenad Lukić: Serbian footballer.
- Alberto Masi: Italian footballer.
- Piotr Jaroszewicz: Premier of Poland (1970-80).
- Nicaragua struck by earthquake / floodings; 118 die
- US dollar valued at 156.50 guilder (record)
- An earthquake in Nicaragua kills at least 116 people.
- In Ciskei, members of the Ciskei Defence Force loyal to dictator Oupa Gqozo open into a crowd of anti-Gqozo protestors organized by the African National Congress, killing at least 28 people and wounding nearly 200.
- President of Tajikistan Rahmon Nabiyev is forced to resign following weeks of clan and religious warfare that left nearly 2,000 people dead.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1992 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Boyz II Men - End Of The Road
- TLC - Baby-Baby-Baby
- Guns N' Roses - November Rain
- Bobby Brown - Humpin' Around
- Madonna - This Used To Be My Playground
- Technotronic - Move This
- Shakespear's Sister - Stay
- Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back
- En Vogue - Giving Him Something He Can Feel
- Jon Secada - Just Another Day
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?