Friday 3 February 1961
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Keith Gordon in New York City and Linda Eder.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Will You Love Me Tomorrow? by The Shirelles.
In UK Poetry In Motion by Johnny Tillotson was in the top 5 hits.
Breathless, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gunslinger.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 February 1961!
Which were the important events of 3 February 1961 ?
- Saints Berlindis, Celsa and Nona.
- Japan - the festival of Setsubun before spring.
- United States - Four Chaplains Day.
- Saint Blaise, Catholics visit churches to have their throats blessed.
- Saint Ansgar, patron saint of Denmark
- Mozambique - Heroes' Day.
- Saint Werburgh
- Saint Hadelin (+690)
- Keith Gordon in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Dressed to Kill, Legend of Billie Jean).
- Linda Eder: American singer.
- Jay Adams: American skateboarder.
- Viscount Dunrossil: Governor-General of Australia (1959-61), dies at age 67.
- 6th largest snowfall in NYC history (17.4 (44.2cm))
- The United States Air Forces begins Operation Looking Glass, and over the next 30 years, a ''Doomsday Plane'' is always in the air, with the capability of taking direct control of the United States' bombers and missiles in the event of the destruction of the SAC's command post.
- A protest by agricultural workers in Baixa de Cassanje, Portuguese Angola, turns into a revolt, opening the Angolan War of Independence, the first of the Portuguese Colonial Wars.
- China buys grain from Canada for $60 million.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 February 1961
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Shirelles - Will You Love Me Tomorrow?
- Lawrence Welk - Calcutta
- Ferrante and Teicher - Exodus
- Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra - Wonderland By Night
- The Miracles - Shop Around
- Rosie - Angel Baby
- Neil Sedaka - Calendar Girl
- Brenda Lee - Emotions
- Bobby Vee - Rubber Ball
- Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome To-Night?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?