Tuesday 3 January 1961
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Are You Lonesome To-Night? by Elvis Presley.
In UK What Do You Want To Make Those Eyes At Me For? by Emile Ford & The Checkmates was in the top 5 hits.
Where the Boys Are, directed by Henry Levin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1961!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1961 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Erwin Blom: Dutch singer / guitarist (Eton Crop).
- Michael Heath: American member of an aircraft maintenance crew who died in a fiery aircraft explosion at Mitchell Airport on 12/10/1993.
- The SL-1, a government-run reactor near Idaho Falls, Idaho, leaks radiation, killing three workers.
- The United States severs diplomatic relations with Cuba.
- Adam Clayton Powell elected Chairman of US House Education and Labor.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra - Wonderland By Night
- Ferrante and Teicher - Exodus
- Rosie - Angel Baby
- Ray Peterson - Corinna, Corinna
- Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome To-Night?
- Floyd Cramer - Last Date
- Kathy Young - A Thousand Stars
- Johnny Horton - North To Alaska
- Connie Francis - Many Tears Ago
- Johnny Burnette - You're Sixteen
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Emile Ford & The Checkmates - What Do You Want To Make Those Eyes At Me For?
- Adam Faith - What Do You Want?
- Neil Sedaka - Oh Carol
- Elmer Bernstein - Staccato's Theme
- Michael Holliday - Starry Eyed
- Johnny Tillotson - Poetry In Motion
- Cliff Richard - I Love You
- Matt Monro - Portrait Of My Love
- The Ventures - Perfidia
- The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 3 January 1961 and get them!