Thursday 3 January 1963
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Telstar by The Tornadoes.
Days of Wine and Roses, directed by Blake Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1963!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1963 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Stewart Hosie: Scottish businessman and politician.
- Alex Wheatle: English author and playwright.
- Ashley Chinner in Cape Town: South Africa; golfer (1992 CGIA Canadian Tour).
- Jim Everett NFL quarterback (Los Angeles Raiders: New Orleans Saints, San Diego Chargers).
- Vic Grimes: American professional wrestler.
- Jerome Young: American professional wrestler
- Oscar Backing: Austria/Netherlands viola player, dies at age 83.
- WOUB TV channel 20 in Athens, OH (PBS) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Tornadoes - Telstar
- Steve Lawrence - Go Away Little Girl
- Chubby Checker - Limbo Rock
- Marcie Blane - Bobby's Girl
- The 4 Seasons - Big Girls Don't Cry
- Brook Benton - Hotel Happiness
- Lou Monte - Pepino The Italian Mouse
- Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
- Bob B. Soxx And The Blue Jeans - Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah
- The Exciters - Tell Him
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?