Thursday 3 December 1970
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to I Think I Love You by The Partridge Family.
In UK Woodstock by Matthew's Southern Comfort was in the top 5 hits.
Angel Unchained, directed by Lee Madden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 December 1970!
Which were the important events of 3 December 1970 ?
- International Day of Disabled Persons - 
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Francis Xavier; also Saint Birinus
- Paul Byrd: Louisville, Kentucky -- Pitcher (NY Mets).
- Lindsey Hunter: American basketball player and coach.
- Lu Parker: American broadcast journalist and former beauty queen.
- Laura Schuler: Ice hockey forward (Canada, Olympics - 1998).
- Paul Byrd in Louisville: Kentucky, USA; pitcher (New York Mets).
- Charles Hope: WLAF guard (Frankfurt Galaxy).
- Jennifer Rothschild: [Rubin]; actress (Judas Project).
- Christian Karembeu: French football player, he won the World Cup (1998) for France. With Real Madrid, he won twice the Champions League (1998 and 2000). He was a vital player of the French team, nicknamed "Crazy horse". Married to a Slovak top-model, Adriana, he divorced in 2012. His grand-father, when he came to Paris, was formerly exhibited as "cannibal" by the French people.
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- October Crisis: In Montreal, Quebec, kidnapped British Trade Commissioner James Cross is released by the Front de liberation du Quebec terrorist group after being held hostage for 60 days. Police negotiate his release and in return the Canadian government grants five terrorists from the FLQ's Chenier Cell their request for safe passage to Cuba.
- Burgos Trial: In Burgos, Spain, the trial of 16 Basque terrorism suspects begins.
- The Spanish government declares a 3-month martial law in the Basque county of Guipuzco, over strikes and demonstrations.
- The U.N. announces that Portuguese navy and army units were responsible for the attempted invasion of Guinea.
- The Asian and Australian tour of Pope Paul VI ends.
- Fluminense wins the Brazil Football Championship.
- Giovanni Enrico Bucher, the Swiss ambassador to Brazil, is kidnapped in Rio de Janeiro kidnappers demand the release of 70 political prisoners.
- The U.N. General Assembly supports the isolation of South Africa for its apartheid policies.
- During his visit to the Polish capital, German Chancellor Willy Brandt goes down on his knees in front of a monument to the victims of the Warsaw Ghetto.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
- Brian Hyland - Gypsy Woman
- Jackson 5 - I'll Be There
- Carpenters - We've Only Just Begun
- James Taylor - Fire And Rain
- The 5th Dimension - One Less Bell To Answer
- Badfinger - No Matter What
- Stevie Wonder - Heaven Help Us All
- The Guess Who - Share The Land
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?