Friday 3 January 1969
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.
Pierrot le Fou, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1969!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1969 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Matt LaBounty: defensive end (Seattle Seahawks).
- Steve Poapst in Cornwall: Ontario, Canada; NHL defenseman (Washington Capitals).
- Nikki Nelson in Topaz Lake: Nevada, USA; country singer (Highway 101-Cry Cry Cry).
- Marie Darrieussecq: French novelist and psychoanalyst.
- Michael Schumacher: German racing driver.
- Rep Adam Clayton Powell Jr seated by Congress
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
- Young-Holt Unlimited - Soulful Strut
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
- The Temptations - Cloud Nine
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- Classics IV - Stormy
- Johnnie Taylor - Who's Making Love
- B.J. Thomas - Hooked On A Feeling
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?