Sunday 3 July 2011
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Rolling In The Deep by Adele.
Horrible Bosses, directed by Seth Gordon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Heaven Is for Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 2011!
Which were the important events of 3 July 2011 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 July
- Dozens of people are arrested and tear gas is used during Independence Day celebrations in Belarus after a ampquotclappingampquot protest. (BBC)
- Police and protesters clash in Bangladesh over a gas exploration deal with ConocoPhilips 150 people are detained. (Bangladesh News)
- Arab Spring:
- 2011 Syrian uprising: The Syrian army encircles the city of Hama after one of the largest protests against the regime of Bashar al-Assad. (CBC)
- 2011 Bahraini uprising: Violent clashes erupt in a Shia village during a ampquotnational dialogueampquot in Bahrain. (''The Financial Times'')
- 2011 Moroccan protests: The February 20 Movement rejects last Friday's constitutional referendum as nationwide demonstrations against the regime continue. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Libyan civil war: Turkey recognizes the National Transitional Council of the anti-Gaddafi forces, with Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu meeting with rebel leaders in Benghazi and offering at least $200 million in aid. (BBC)
- Freedom Flotilla II:
- Members of the Dutch-Italian vessel issue an open letter to the Greek prime minister Georgios Papandreou following the alleged sabotage of two ships and the prevention of the rest from setting sail for Gaza. (ABC News)
- According to reports in the ''Toronto Star'', the flotilla is to make an attempt to set sail on Monday. (''Toronto Star'')
- At least 5 people are killed and at least 10 others are wounded in a bomb attack on a bar in Maiduguri, Nigeria. It follows a bomb that killed 25 people this day last week. (Al Jazeera)
- A. E. Hotchner, a friend and collaborator of the Nobel Prize-winning writer Ernest Hemingway, writing in ''The New York Times'' on the 50th anniversary of Hemingway's death, expresses his belief that the J. Edgar Hoover-led Federal Bureau of Investigation's surveillance ampquotsubstantially contributed to his anguish and his suicideampquot, with Hotchner saying he ampquotregretfully misjudgedampquot Hemingway's fear of the FBI. (''The Observer'')
- American televangelist Robert H. Schuller is ousted from the board of the Crystal Cathedral. (''Orange County Register'')
- Mount Soputan, a volcano in Indonesia's North Sulawesi province, erupts. (AFP via France 24)
- Storms in the region of Washington, D.C. in the US kill one person in Montgomery County and cuts power to 40,000 homes. (''Washington Post'')
- A tourist boat sinks in the Sea of Cortez off the coast of Baja California in Mexico with 23 people missing. (CNN)
- South Korea announces plans to submit a claim to the United Nations to a larger portion of the East China Sea in a move which is likely to be disputed by the People's Republic of China and Japan. (Yonhap)
- The Swiss Government blocks 27 million Swiss francs worth of assets linked to senior Syrian officials. (AP via ''Metro News)
- Voters in Mexico go to the polls for local elections in the states of Mexico, Coahuila, Nayarit, Puebla and Hidalgo. (Reuters)
- Rubén Moreira Valdez of the PRI is elected Governor of Coahuila.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?