Saturday 3 June 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Young Mr. Lincoln, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 1939!
Which were the important events of 3 June 1939 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
- David Frederick Stock: Composer.
- Phil Gallie: MP.
- Kathleen E Woodiwiss: American novelist.
- Frank Blevins: English-Australian lawyer and politician 7th Deputy Premier of South Australia (d. 2013).
- Steve Dalkowski: American baseball player.
- Ian Hunter: Actor / writer (Rockets Galore, Ziegfield Girl), dies at 75
- Jon Tolaas: Norwegian poet and author (d. 2012)
- Kathleen Woodiwiss: American model and author (d. 2007)
- 71st Belmont: James Stout aboard Johnstown wins in 2:29.6
- Beer Barrel Polka hits #1 on the pop singles chart by Will Glahe
- The Soviet government offers its definition of what constitutes quotaggressionquot, upon which the projected Anglo-Soviet-French alliance will come into effect. The French Foreign Minister Georges Bonnet accepts the Soviet definition of aggression at once. The British reject the Soviet definition, especially the concept of quotindirect aggressionquot, which they feel is too loose a definition and phrased in such a manner as to imply the Soviet right of inference in the internal affairs of
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?