Friday 9 June 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Tarzan Finds a Son!, directed by Richard Thorpe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1939!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1939 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Lorenzo Necci: Italian attorney, degree in 1961.
- Ileana Cotrubaș: Romanian soprano and actress.
- Eric Fernie: Scottish historian and academic.
- David Hobbs: English race car driver and sportscaster.
- Charles Webb: American author and illustrator.
- Dick Vitale: American sportscaster
- Derek Hunt: CEO (MFI Furniture Group)
- Michel Lang: French film and television director, best remembered for his comedy films in the late 1970s and 1980s. After 1990, he directed predominantly for French television.
- Ileana Cotrubas: Romanian soprano
- Owen Moore: Actor (She Done Him Wrong), commits suicide at 52.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?