Friday 9 June 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Tarzan Finds a Son!, directed by Richard Thorpe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1939!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1939 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Lorenzo Necci: Italian attorney, degree in 1961.
- Ileana Cotrubaș: Romanian soprano and actress.
- Eric Fernie: Scottish historian and academic.
- David Hobbs: English race car driver and sportscaster.
- Charles Webb: American author and illustrator.
- Dick Vitale: American sportscaster
- Derek Hunt: CEO (MFI Furniture Group)
- Michel Lang: French film and television director, best remembered for his comedy films in the late 1970s and 1980s. After 1990, he directed predominantly for French television.
- Ileana Cotrubas: Romanian soprano
- Owen Moore: Actor (She Done Him Wrong), commits suicide at 52.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?