Sunday 3 June 1979
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Luis López and Christian Malcolm.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Hot Stuff by Donna Summer.
In UK Sunday Girl by Blondie was in the top 5 hits.
The Game of Death, directed by Robert Clouse, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Matarese Circle by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beam Invader or Galaxian.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 1979!
Which were the important events of 3 June 1979 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
Famous Birthdays:03 June
- Arno Schmidt: German writer, biographer, essayist, translator of literary works from English.
- Madwoman of Central Park West opens on Broadway
- 33rd Tony Awards: Elephant Man and Sweeny Todd win
- Ex-President Idi Amin of Uganda flees to Libya
- Ixtoc I rig in Gulf of Mexico blows; 3 million bbl of oil spilled
- Nancy Lopez wins LPGA Golden Lights Golf Championship
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Donna Summer - Hot Stuff
- Peaches & Herb - Reunited
- Bee Gees - Love You Inside Out
- Sister Sledge - We Are Family
- Wings - Goodnight Tonight
- Randy Vanwarmer - Just When I Needed You Most
- Jacksons - Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)
- Village People - In The Navy
- Supertramp - The Logical Song
- England Dan and John Ford Coley - Love Is The Answer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?