Thursday 4 March 1948
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Sitting Pretty, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1948!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1948 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Loïc Caradec: French engineer, architect, and skipper, he won the Transat race Quebec-St-Malo in 1984.
- Lindy Chamberlain: Australian author.
- Chris Squire in London: England; rock bassist (Yes - "Fish Out of Water").
- Lindy Chamberlain-Creighton: New Zealand-Australian author.
- Brian Cummings: American voice actor and singer.
- Veljko Despot: Croatian music journalist and record business entrepreneur
- James Ellroy: American author
- Tom Grieve: American baseball player manager and sportscaster
- Leron Lee: American baseball player and coach
- Jean O'Leary: American activist and politician (d. 2005)
- Chris Squire: English singer-songwriter and bass guitarist (The Syn Yes XYZ and Conspiracy) (d. 2015)
- Shakin' Stevens: Welsh singer-songwriter (Shakin' Stevens and the Sunsets)
- Antonin Artaud: French writer and theoretician, a poet and playwright whose ideals were Baudelaire and Poe.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?