Wednesday 4 December 1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley.
In UK That'll Be The Day by The Crickets was in the top 5 hits.
Peyton Place, directed by Mark Robson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 December 1957!
Which were the important events of 4 December 1957 ?
- Roman festivals - secret ceremonies in honor of Bona Dea
- R.C. Saints - Saint John of Damascus: optional memorial; also Saint Barbara
- Santerfa, Lukumf - Day of Shango
- International Hug Day. See Also: January 21st, National Hugging Day
- Navy Day in India
- Lee Smith: Jamestown, Louisiana -- Pitcher (Cin Reds).
- Eric S Raymond: American open source advocate.
- Lee Smith in Jamestown: Louisiana, USA; pitcher (Cincinnati Reds).
- Norbert Teupert: German educator, social worker, dream-therapist, professional astrologer since 1983 and author.
- Raul Boesel: Brazilian race car driver and radio host.
- Eric Raymond: American computer programmer and author
- The Lewisham train disaster in the UK leaves 92 dead.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?