Saturday 7 December 1957
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley.
In UK That'll Be The Day by The Crickets was in the top 5 hits.
A Farewell to Arms, directed by Charles Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 December 1957!
Which were the important events of 7 December 1957 ?
- United States - Pearl Harbor Day (observance)
- International Civil Aviation Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ambrose: Memorial
- Tom Winsor: British lawyer and economic regulator.
- Markus Kajo: Finnish TV personality and humorist.
- Tony Kubek of the New York Yankees selected as American League Rookie of the Year.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?