Sunday 1 December 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley.
In UK That'll Be The Day by The Crickets was in the top 5 hits.
Sayonara, directed by Joshua Logan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1957!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1957 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Patrick Bissell: American ballet principal with the American Ballet Theater who made a rapid rise, was an outstanding dancer and was sensational on stage.
- Deep Roy: Movie Actor.
- Chris Poland: American guitarist and songwriter (Megadeth Circle Jerks Damn the Machine and OHM).
- Vesta Williams: American singer-songwriter and actress (d. 2011).
- In Indonesia, Sukarno announces the nationalization of 246 Dutch businesses.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?