Friday 4 January 1957
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Patty Loveless [Ramey] in Pikeville and Joël Bats.
The Wrong Man, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Whirlybirds.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1957!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1957 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Patty Loveless [Ramey] in Pikeville: Kentucky, USA; singer ("Blue Side of Town").
- Joël Bats: French international football/soccer player, a goalkeeper.
- Fabrizio Bentivoglio: Italian cinema and theatre actor and screenwriter.
- Patty Loveless: American Country-Western singer and songwriter, whose combination of honky-tonk and rock ’n’ roll made her one of the most popular vocalists during the late 1980s and early 1990s.
- Gurdas Maan: Punjabi singer, actor, lyricist.
- Blondie situation comedy premieres on NBC TV (later on CBS)
- Dodgers buy 44 passenger twin-engine airplane for $775,000
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?