Friday 4 January 1957
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
The Wrong Man, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1957!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1957 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Patty Loveless [Ramey] in Pikeville: Kentucky, USA; singer ("Blue Side of Town").
- Gurdas Maan: Punjabi singer, actor, lyricist.
- Laurie Butler: Family Member.
- Fabrizio Bentivoglio: Italian cinema and theatre actor and screenwriter.
- Patty Loveless: American Country-Western singer and songwriter, whose combination of honky-tonk and rock ’n’ roll made her one of the most popular vocalists during the late 1980s and early 1990s.
- Vesna Zmijanac: Serbian singer and actress
- Joël Bats: French international football/soccer player, a goalkeeper.
- Blondie situation comedy premieres on NBC TV (later on CBS)
- Dodgers buy 44 passenger twin-engine airplane for $775,000
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 January 1957 and get them!