Thursday 4 June 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Mrs. Miniver, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 1942!
Which were the important events of 4 June 1942 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
- Gérard Trèves: French parachutist, world champion in 1962.
- Louis Reichardt: American mountaineer.
- Bill Rowe: Canadian lawyer and politician.
- Reinhard Heydrich dies of his wounds from an assassination attempt Adolf Hitler appoints Karl Herman: and demands the execution of 10,000 Czechs.
- USS Yorktown sinks near Midway Island
- Capitol Record Company opens for business.
- World War II: The Battle of Midway begins. Japanese Admiral Chuichi Nagumo orders a strike on Midway Island by much of the Imperial Japanese navy.
- (1700 hours) Near Midway Island, an American aerial attack by planes from the Enterprise and Yorktown against Japanese carrier Hiryu leaves it badly damaged.
- (1030 hours) American planes pull away from their attack on the Japanese First Carrier Fleet off Midway Island. They leave carriers Kaga, Akagi, and Soryu burning uncontrollably.
- WWII: Reinhard Heydrich succumbs to wounds sustained on May 27 from Czechoslovakian paratroopers acting in Operation Anthropoid.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?