Saturday 4 July 1942, US Independence Day
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Magnificent Ambersons, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1942!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1942 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Michael : A grandson of King George V and Queen Mary, he is a cousin of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Michael G C F: English Prince of Kent.
- Floyd Little: American football player.
- Hal Lanier: American baseball player coach and manager.
- Stefan Meller: French-Polish academic and politician Polish Minister of Foreign Affairs (d. 2008).
- Peter Rowan: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Earth Opera and Old and in the Way)
- 1st American bombing mission over enemy-occupied Europe (WWII)
- US air offensive against Nazi-Germany begins
- WWII in the European Theater of Operations:
- Twenty-four ships are sunk by German bombers and submarines after Convoy PQ 17 to the Soviet Union is scattered in the Arctic Ocean to evade the German battleship Tirpitz.
- US Eighth Air Force inauspiciously flies its first mission in Europe using borrowed British planes and bombs targets in the Netherlands, such as De Kooy airfield attached to Den Helder naval base. Three of six aircraft return Nieuws-wo2.tk
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?