Thursday 18 June 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Mrs. Miniver, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1942!
Which were the important events of 18 June 1942 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Thabo M Mbeki: South African economist / 1st Vice President (1994- ).
- Thabo Mbeki: South African politician, inaugurated president on 6/16/1999.
- Nick Tate: Australian international TV and film star, originally trained in production and directing, found himself more comfortable in front of the camera.
- Paul McCartney: British musician who is most widely known as being a member of the mega-star group "The Beatles.
- John Bellany: Scottish painter and academic (d. 2013).
- Roger Ebert: American journalist critic and screenwriter (d. 2013)
- Roger Ebert in Urbana: Illinois, USA; film critic (Siskel and Ebert at the Movies).
- Pat Hutchins: English author and illustrator
- Carl Radle: American bass player and producer (Delaney & Bonnie and Derek and the Dominos) (d. 1980)
- Hans Vonk: Dutch conductor (Born 1942)
- Bernard W Robinson, becomes 1st black ensign in US Navy
- Eric Nessler of France stays aloft in a glider for 38 hours 21 minutes.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?