Thursday 18 June 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Thabo M Mbeki and Roger Ebert in Urbana.
Mrs. Miniver, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1942!
Which were the important events of 18 June 1942 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Thabo M Mbeki: South African economist / 1st Vice President (1994- ).
- Roger Ebert in Urbana: Illinois, USA; film critic (Siskel and Ebert at the Movies).
- Thabo Mbeki: South African politician, inaugurated president on 6/16/1999.
- Paul McCartney: British musician who is most widely known as being a member of the mega-star group "The Beatles.
- Nick Tate: Australian international TV and film star, originally trained in production and directing, found himself more comfortable in front of the camera.
- John Bellany: Scottish painter and academic (d. 2013)
- Roger Ebert: American journalist critic and screenwriter (d. 2013)
- Pat Hutchins: English author and illustrator
- Carl Radle: American bass player and producer (Delaney & Bonnie and Derek and the Dominos) (d. 1980)
- Hans Vonk: Dutch conductor (Born 1942)
- Bernard W Robinson, becomes 1st black ensign in US Navy
- Eric Nessler of France stays aloft in a glider for 38 hours 21 minutes.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?