Monday 29 June 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Mrs. Miniver, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1942!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1942 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Carl Simonton: American physician in the field of oncology, specializing in radiation and the medical director of Cancer Counseling and Research Center in Ft.
- Mike Willesee: Australian journalist and TV host, the inaugural producer-host of "Willesee at Seven," a current affairs program for the Seven Network, 1976-1981.
- Charlotte Bingham: English author and screenwriter.
- Paul Lorieau: Canadian optician and singer (d. 2013).
- Bas J van der Vlies: Dutch MP (SGP).
- Larry Snyder: Jockey
- Paul Troje: German lawyer and politician Mayor of Marburg (d. 1942).
- WWII: The German Eleventh Army under Erich von Manstein takes Sevastopol, although fighting rages until July 9.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?