Sunday 7 June 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Mrs. Miniver, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 1942!
Which were the important events of 7 June 1942 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
- Muammar al-Gaddafi: Leader and Guide of the Revolution of Libya.
- Muammar Gaddafi: World Leader.
- Patrick Le Lay: French business leader, a former CEO of TF1.
- Charles Boutin: American lawyer and politician.
- Alan Blumlein: English electronics engineer, notable for his many inventions in telecommunications, sound recording, stereo, television and radar.
- Battle of Midway ends: Admiral Nimitz wins 1st WWII naval defeat of Japan
- Germany Armys march into Sebastopol
- Japanese troops lands on Attu, Aleutian Islands
- Japan invades Alaska's Aleutian islands.
- Losses at the Battle of Midway: US forces: 307 men, one aircraft carrier, one destroyer, 150 planes; Japanese forces: 2500-3500 men, 4 aircraft carriers, one cruiser, 322 planes.
- World War II: Japanese soldiers occupy the American islands of Attu and Kiska, in the Aleutian Islands off Alaska.
- (morning) The US aircraft carrier Yorktown sinks near Midway Island.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?