Sunday 4 October 1914
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Anna Karenina, directed by Vladimir Gardin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1914!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1914 ?
- Jean Gardes: French colonel, committed Algérie française advocate and chief French expert in psychological warfare, who, together with Jean Ousset, developed the concept of "subversion.
- Paul Alduy: French officer and politician.
- Jim Cairns: Australian economist and politician 4th Deputy Prime Minister of Australia (d. 2003).
- Brendan Gill: American columnist and humorist (Born 1914).
- Dardanellen (French and English) fleet bombs Turkish forts
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- California and You - Irving Kaufman
- That's a-Plenty - Prince's Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1914?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 October 1914 and get them!