Tuesday 27 October 1914
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Salomy Jane, directed by Lucius Henderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1914!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1914 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Ahmet Kireççi: Turkish wrestler (d. 1979).
- Jean Vaujour: French prefect who was one of the last witnesses to the outbreak of the Algerian insurrection in November 1954, while he was director of General Security in Algiers.
- Stanislaw Brunstein: Artist.
- Dylan Thomas: Welsh writer of poetry, short story, movie scenarios and radio scripts, immensely talented.
- British battleship Audacious sunk by mine
- World War I: The British super-dreadnought battleship HMS Audacious (23,400 tons), is sunk off Tory Island, north-west of Ireland, by a minefield laid by the armed German merchant-cruiser Berlin.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1914 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Can't You Hear Me Calling, Caroline? - George MacFarlane
- Good-Bye - John McCormack
- The Whistling Coquette - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1914?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 October 1914 and get them!