Wednesday 28 October 1914
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Laurence Millington Synge and Jonas Salk.
Salomy Jane, directed by Lucius Henderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1914!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1914 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Richard Laurence Millington Synge: English chemist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1994).
- Jonas Salk: American scientist, immunologist, biologist, and bacteriologist.
- Adolf Pittschellis: Germany Military man.
- Kurt Weitkamp: Germany Actor.
- Glenn Davis: American lieutenant and politician (d. 1988).
- Richard Synge: English biochemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1994)
- Richard Heuberger: Austrian composer, music critic and teacher (Born 1850).
- German battle cruiser Goeben enters Black Sea
- Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, founded at Howard University, incorporates.
- World War I ampndash Battle of Penang, Malaya: The German cruiser ''Emden'' sinks a Russian cruiser and French destroyer before escaping.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1914 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Can't You Hear Me Calling, Caroline? - George MacFarlane
- Good-Bye - John McCormack
- The Whistling Coquette - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?