Saturday 5 August 1961
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Tossin' And Turnin' by Bobby Lewis.
In UK Runaway by Del Shannon was in the top 5 hits.
Pit and the Pendulum, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1961!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1961 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- April Kent: American pro astrologer, practicing professionally since 1990.
- Roly Keating: English businessman.
- Tawny Kitaen: American actress.
- Janet McTeer: English actress.
- Mark O'Connor: American violinist and composer.
- Athula Samarasekera: Sri Lankan cricketer and coach
- Tim Wilson: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2014)
- Chicago Bears (NFL) beat Montreal Alouettes (Canadian Football League) 34-16 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- 118 degrees F (48 degrees C), Ice Harbor Dam, Washington (state record).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Lewis - Tossin' And Turnin'
- Chris Kenner - I Like It Like That, Part 1
- Brook Benton - The Boll Weevil Song
- Brenda Lee - Dum Dum
- Del Shannon - Hats Off To Larry
- Gary U.S. Bonds - Quarter To Three
- Mar-Keys - Last Night
- Connie Francis - Together
- Chubby Checker - Let's Twist Again
- Arthur Lyman Group - Yellow Bird
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?