Thursday 5 May 1910
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Jane Eyre, directed by Theodore Marston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1910 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- George Perry: American novelist, World War II correspondent and one of the highest paid popular magazine contributors of his time.
- Leo Lionni: American author and illustrator (d. 1999).
- Ernest-Wilfrid Mahieux: Origny-Ste Benoite Military man.
- William I Martin: US pilot / Vice-Admiral (WWII).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1910 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- That Mesmerizing Mendelssohn Tune - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- By the Light of the Silvery Moon - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- Daisies Won't Tell - Arthur Clough
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1910?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?