Thursday 5 May 1910
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William I Martin and George Perry.
Jane Eyre, directed by Theodore Marston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1910 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- William I Martin: US pilot / Vice-Admiral (WWII).
- George Perry: American novelist, World War II correspondent and one of the highest paid popular magazine contributors of his time.
- Ernest-Wilfrid Mahieux: Origny-Ste Benoite Military man.
- Leo Lionni: American author and illustrator (d. 1999).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1910 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- That Mesmerizing Mendelssohn Tune - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- By the Light of the Silvery Moon - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- Daisies Won't Tell - Arthur Clough
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1910?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?