Wednesday 4 May 1910
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Jane Eyre, directed by Theodore Marston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1910.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 4 May 1910 ?
- Star Wars day, "May the 4th be with you" pun on "May the force be with you"
- Republic of China - Literary Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- International Firefighters' Day.
- Saint Ladislaus of Gielnow
- People's Republic of China - Youth Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- Blessed Catherine of Park
- Saint Judas Cyriacus
- Saint Florian
- Saint Godehard
- Saint Monica of Hippo (d. 387)
- Saint Ethelred
- Saint Silvianus
- Saint Titianus
- Saint Willerik
- Saint John Houghton, Saint Robert Lawrence, Saint Augustine Webster, Saint Richard Reynolds, and Saint John Hale; all put to death in 1535.
- Saint Malou
- The Netherlands - Remembrance of the Dead.
- Raphaël Lonné: French self-taught painter, an outsider artist of mediumistic works.
- Dorothy Berne: American astrologer who joined AFA in 1972.
- Mady Alfredo: [Maria M the Brieder] actress (Alicia).
- Canadian parliament accept creation of Royal Canadian Navy.
- Tel Aviv founded.
- Canadian Currency Act, 1910, receives Royal Assent.
- The Royal Canadian Navy is created.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1910 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- That Mesmerizing Mendelssohn Tune - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- By the Light of the Silvery Moon - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- Daisies Won't Tell - Arthur Clough
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1910?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?