Tuesday 5 May 1992
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Linsey Jade and Loïck Landre.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Jump by Kris Kross.
In UK Deeply Dippy by Right Said Fred was in the top 5 hits.
Lethal Weapon 3, directed by Richard Donner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1992
while The Pelican Brief by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mr. Wakefield's Crusade.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing American Tag-Team Wrestling or Champions of Europe.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1992 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Linsey Jade: Reality Star.
- Loïck Landre: French footballer.
- Yōsuke Mikami: Japanese footballer.
- Taisuke Miyazaki: Japanese footballer.
- Country singer Tammy Wynette hospitalized with bile duct infection
- Alabama ratifies a 202-year-old proposed amendment to the United States Constitution making the 27th Amendment law. This amendment bars the U.S. Congress from giving itself a midterm or retroactive pay raise.
- Space Shuttle Endeavor makes its maiden flight, as a replacement for a lost Space Shuttle.(STS-49)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1992 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kris Kross - Jump
- Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
- Vanessa Williams - Save The Best For Last
- Eric Clapton - Tears In Heaven
- En Vogue - My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It)
- Joe Public - Live And Learn
- TLC - Ain't 2 Proud To Beg
- Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge
- Ugly Kid Joe - Everything About You
- Mariah Carey - Make It Happen
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?