Saturday 5 October 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Autherine Lucy and Richard F Gordon Jr in Seattle.
Applause, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 1929!
Which were the important events of 5 October 1929 ?
- Autherine Lucy: 1st black to enroll in University of Alabama at Tuscaloosa.
- Richard F Gordon Jr in Seattle: Washington, USA; Captain US Navy/astronaut (Gemini 11, Apollo 12).
- Skip Homeier: Chicago, Illinois -- Actor (Beachhead, Dan Raven, Interns).
- Richard F Gordon: Jr.
- Pamela Church: British athlete, the goalie for the Streatham Felines, a woman's ice-hockey team.
- Richard Gordon: American astronaut who made two flights in space as an astronaut, logging 244 hours in space. He was the pilot of Gemini II with Charles Conrad on 9/12/1966. The following day, they moved out into space on a long tether. Gordon was command module pilot, on 11/14/1969, of Apollo 12. Conrad and Alan Bean were also members of the Apollo 12 crew.
- Marcel Assire: France sport Champion
- Fred Feast: English actor (Born 1929)
- Bill Wirtz: American ice hockey executive (d. 2007)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?