Sunday 6 October 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Applause, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1929!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1929 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- George Mattos: American pole vaulter (d. 2012).
- Bruno Cremer: French actor and comedian and writer of his autobiography entitled "Un certain jeune homme" (A Certain Young Man) in which he claimed that he began his acting career at age 12.
- 12th PGA Championship: Leo Diegel at Hillcrest Country Club - Los Angeles
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?