Tuesday 8 October 1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Applause, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1929!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1929 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Valdir Pereira: Brazilian footballer (d. 2001).
- Betty Boothroyd: English academic and politician British Speaker of the House of Commons.
- Mohammed Nadir Khan occupies Kabul Afghanistan / drives out H Ghazi
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?