Friday 25 October 1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Taming of the Shrew, directed by Sam Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1929!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1929 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Bartolomeo Sorge: Italian ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic in the Jesuit order and counsel to three Popes.
- Roger John Tayler: Astrophysicist.
- Former Interior Secretary Albert Fall convicted of accepting $100,000 bribe
- Former US Interior Secretary Albert Fall is convicted of accepting $100,000 bribe.
- Former U.S. Interior Secretary Albert B. Fall is convicted of bribery for his role in the Teapot Dome scandal, becoming the first Presidential cabinet member to go to prison for actions in office.
- November ndash Vladimir Zworykin takes out the first patent for color television.
- An annular solar eclipse is seen on Atlantic Ocean and Africa.
- Conscription in Australia ends.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?