Friday 6 May 1938
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Vivacious Lady, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1938 ?
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- Larry Gogan: Irish radio personality.
- Jean Garon: Canadian economist lawyer and politician (d. 2014).
- Eleanor Platt: QC.
- Gérard Nanty: French socialite, who, from the 1960s to the 1980s, ran several iconic Parisian nightclubs: the Colony, the Bronx, and Mathy's.
- Dutch writer Maurits Dekker sentenced to 50 days for "offending a friendly head of state" (Adolf Hitler).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?