Friday 6 August 1982
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Adrianne Curry and Karl Davies.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor.
In UK Come On Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners With The Emerald Express was in the top 5 hits.
Friday the 13th Part III, directed by Steve Miner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Prodigal Daughter by Jeffrey Archer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Filthy Rich.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Star Strike or Blue Print.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1982!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1982 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Adrianne Curry: American model and reality television personality.
- Karl Davies: English actor.
- Romola Garai: English model and actress.
- Danny Lopes: American model and actor.
- Ryan Sypek: American actor.
- California Doug DeCinces hits 3 HRs again in game (did it 5 days ago also)
- WQXI (Atlanta) is 1st to use Harris Corp AM stereo system
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 August 1982
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
- John Cougar - Hurts So Good
- The Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra
- Fleetwood Mac - Hold Me
- Chicago - Hard To Say I'm Sorry
- Toto - Rosanna
- Air Supply - Even The Nights Are Better
- REO Speedwagon - Keep The Fire Burnin'
- The Motels - Only The Lonely
- The Human League - Don't You Want Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?