Tuesday 17 August 1982
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Phil Jagielka and Mark Salling.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor.
In UK Come On Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners With The Emerald Express was in the top 5 hits.
The Beastmaster, directed by Don Coscarelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while Different Seasons by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Filthy Rich.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Jack the Giantkiller or Legionnaire.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1982.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1982!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1982 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Phil Jagielka: English footballer.
- Mark Salling: American actor.
- Cheerleader Melissa: American professional wrestler.
- LA Dodgers beat Chicago Cubs, 6-5, in 21 innings (game completed 8 / 18)
- South Bend, Indiana jury acquits self-avowed racist Joseph Paul Franklin.
- The first Compact Discs (CDs) are released to the public in Germany.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
- John Cougar - Hurts So Good
- The Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra
- Fleetwood Mac - Hold Me
- Chicago - Hard To Say I'm Sorry
- Air Supply - Even The Nights Are Better
- REO Speedwagon - Keep The Fire Burnin'
- Go-Go's - Vacation
- Crosby, Stills & Nash - Wasted On The Way
- Paul McCartney - Take It Away
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?