Wednesday 7 January 1976, Orthodox Christmas
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Convoy by C. W. McCall.
In UK Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen was in the top 5 hits.
Barry Lyndon, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Curtain by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1976.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1976!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1976 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- C. W. McCall - Convoy
- Barry Manilow - I Write The Songs
- Diana Ross - Theme From Mahogany (Do You Know Where You're Going To)
- Ohio Players - Love Rollercoaster
- Bay City Rollers - Saturday Night
- Sweet - Fox On The Run
- The O'Jays - I Love Music (Part 1)
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - That's The Way (I Like It)
- Donna Summer - Love To Love You Baby
- Paul Anka - Times Of Your Life
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?