Wednesday 2 July 1969
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Richie Blackmore and Andrea Collinelli.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet by Henry Mancini, His Orchestra And Chorus.
In UK The Ballad Of John And Yoko by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Death Rides a Horse, directed by Giulio Petroni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The David Frost Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1969!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1969 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Richie Blackmore: New Zealand rugby league coach and former professional footballer who represented his country (the Kiwis) in both the 1995 and 2000 Rugby League World Cups.
- Andrea Collinelli: Italian cyclist, the winner of a Gold Medal at the Atlanta Olympics 1996.
- Jenni Rivera: Pop Singer.
- Matthew Cox: American convicted felon.
- Tim Rodber: English rugby player.
- Michael DiBiase: American pro wrestler (Born 1923).
- Ireland bowl out WI for 25 at Londonderry, win by 9 wkts
- Leslie West and Felix Pappalardi form rock group Mountain
- The International resort/casino opens in Las Vegas Boulevard, Nevada. With 1500 rooms, it is the world's largest hotel, with the world's largest casino, at 29,000 square feet.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 July 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Henry Mancini, His Orchestra And Chorus - Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet
- Blood, Sweat & Tears - Spinning Wheel
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising
- Oliver - Good Morning Starshine
- Three Dog Night - One
- The Beatles - Get Back
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crystal Blue Persuasion
- Zager & Evans - In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus)
- The Winstons - Color Him Father
- Marvin Gaye - Too Busy Thinking About My Baby
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?