Tuesday 7 July 2009
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
[Rec], directed by Jaume Balaguer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 July 2009!
Which were the important events of 7 July 2009 ?
- Russia and Ukraine - Ivan Kupala
- United Kingdom - July 7th Bombings remembrance day
- Bhutan - Guru Rinpoche
- Roman Empire - Nonae Caprotinae festival in honor of Juno
- Tanzania - Saba Saba Day (or Peasants' Day, founding of the TANU party, 1954)
- Solomon Islands - Independence Day (1978)
- Spain - San Fermfn festival or running of the bulls, in Pamplona, Navarre.
- Worldwide - Bungie Day
- United States - Bonza bottler day
- Japan - Tanabata
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 July
- A public memorial service is held for musician Michael Jackson. It is regarded as one of the most prominent funerals of all time.ref name=Allen
- July 2009 Ürümqi riots
- Chinese police arrest 1,434 people over rioting in Xinjiang province. (''South African Star'')
- Han Chinese take to the streets of Ürümqi following an earlier protest by Uighur women, amid rising ethnic tensions. (Al Jazeera)
- Uighur rights activists criticise Muslim-majority countries for not speaking out against Chinese repression of Muslim Uighurs. (Al-Jazeera)
- A public memorial for Michael Jackson takes place at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California, with over 17,000 viewing in Los Angeles, and millions more viewing around the world. (AP via Google News)
- UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon begins his two-day visit to Ireland. (RTÉ)
- Police shoot dead the Cherokee County serial killer, identified as Patrick Tracy Burris, after he fired several times at the police. (BBC)
- Tunisian police charge nine menmdashincluding two air force officersmdashwith plotting several deaths during joint military exercises with the US. (BBC)
- A £1m permanent memorial to the victims of the July 7, 2005 London bombings is unveiled in the city's Hyde Park. (RTÉ)
- The United Nations Security Council condemns the recent missile launches by North Korea. (Xinhua)
- The United Nations says around 204,000 people have fled violence in Mogadishu, Somalia as a result of a militant offensive against government forces. (CNN)
- Two bombs explode in the southern Philippines, killing two and injuring 53. (Bloomberg)
- Pope Benedict XVI calls for a new financial world order guided by ethics, dignity and the search for a common good. (Associated Press)
- 12 people die in a U.S. missile strike on a training camp run by Baitullah Mehsud in South Waziristan, Pakistan. (Reuters)
- Ousted Honduran President Manuel Zelaya is to meet with United States Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. (Reuters)
- Iraq bans planned group visits to Saddam Hussein's grave. (BBC)
- United States President Barack Obama addresses graduates in Moscow, Russia. (RIA Novosti)
- A Mikoyan MiG-29 of the Serbian military crashes at Batajnica Air Base near Belgrad, killing the pilot and one soldier on the ground. (Sky News)
- Iranian opposition leaders call for the release of people who demonstrated in the aftermath of the disputed presidential election. (''New Straits Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?