Friday 25 July 1969
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Andrea Wieland and Angela Melini.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus) by Zager & Evans.
In UK Something In The Air by Thunderclap Newman was in the top 5 hits.
Spirits of the Dead, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The David Frost Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 July 1969!
Which were the important events of 25 July 1969 ?
- St. Thea
- Roman festivals - Furinalia
- Cuba - Eve of Revolution Day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Foundation of Santiago de QuerTtaro
- Puerto Rico - Constitution Day (1952)
- Tunisia - Republic Day (1957)
- Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
- Inca - festival in honor of Ilyap'a
- Ebernoe Horn Fair, Sussex, England
- St. Valentine
- St. Paul
- St. Nissen
- St. Cucufas/Cougat
- St. Christopher
- Costa Rica - Anniversary of the Annexation of Guanacaste Province
- Galiza - National Day (Dia da Patria Galega).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Saint James the Great, the patron saint of Spain.
- Andrea Wieland: Atlanta, Georgia -- Field hockey goaltender (1996 Olympics).
- Angela Melini: Saigon, Vietnam -- Playmate (June, 1992).
- Trevor Peres: United States -- Metal guitarist (Obituary-The End Complete).
- Jon Barry: American basketball player, a shooting guard for the Sacramento Kings.
- Mark Benton: American murder victim An only son with one younger sister, he was living at home with dreams of going to Hollywood to work as a special-effects illustrator.
- Douglas Stuart Moore: Composer, dies at 75.
- 1st performance of Crosby, Stills, Nash andYoung (Fillmore East, NY)
- Edward Kennedy pleads guilty to leaving scene of an accident a week after the Chappaquiddick car accident that killed Mary Jo Kopechne
- 70,000 attend Seattle Pop Festival, Washington State.
- Vietnam War: U.S. President Richard Nixon declares the Nixon Doctrine, stating that the United States now expects its Asian allies to take care of their own military defense. This is the start of the ''Vietnamization'' of the war.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Zager & Evans - In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus)
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crystal Blue Persuasion
- Blood, Sweat & Tears - Spinning Wheel
- Stevie Wonder - My Cherie Amour
- Jr. Walker & the All Stars - What Does It Take (To Win Your Love)
- Oliver - Good Morning Starshine
- Three Dog Night - One
- The Beatles - The Ballad Of John And Yoko
- Andy Kim - Baby, I Love You
- Henry Mancini, His Orchestra And Chorus - Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?