It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
- Dead or Alive
directed by Elmer Clifton
starring: Tex Ritter, Dave O'Brien, Guy Wilkerson
- The Woman in the Window
directed by Fritz Lang
starring: Edward G. Robinson, Joan Bennett, Raymond Massey
- Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo
directed by Mervyn LeRoy
starring: Spencer Tracy, Van Johnson, Robert Walker
- None But the Lonely Heart
directed by Clifford Odets
starring: Cary Grant, Ethel Barrymore, Barry Fitzgerald
- Ministry of Fear
directed by Fritz Lang
starring: Ray Milland, Marjorie Reynolds, Carl Esmond
Send him/her your special wishes with this personalized page
Which were the important events of Tuesday, 07 November 1944 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Willibrord
- Russia - day of the October Revolution (1917) in the Gregorian Calendar, unofficially commemorated
- Northern Catalonia - National Day, after Treaty of Pyrenees.
- Also see November 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous People born
- FDR wins 4th term in office, defeating Thomas E Dewey (R)
- Train crashes in tunnel of Aguadilla Spain; about 500 die
- US President Franklin Roosevelt wins fourth term in office, defeating Thomas E Dewey (Republican).
- A passenger train derails in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico from excessive speed when descending a hill. 16 people are killed and 50 are injured.
- Soviet spy Richard Sorge, a half-Russian, half-German World War I veteran, is hanged by his Japanese captors along with 34 of his ring.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt elected for a record fourth term as President of the United States of America.
Jim Watkins in Philadelphia
: Pennsylvania, USA; actor (Jerry - Magician).
: baseball knuckler (New York Yankees).
: American professional wrestler
: Italian footballer
Famous People died
Richard Sorge & Ozaki
: Spies, hanged in Tokyo
: Jewish woman who parachuted into Yugoslavia during World War II to help save the Jews of Hungary (Born 1921)
What news were making the headlines those days in November 1944 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
The Razor's Edge
by W. Somerset Maugham
Larry Darrell is a young American in search of the absolute. The progress of his spiritual odyssey involves him with some of Maugham's most brilliant characters - his fiancée Isabel whose [...]
The Green Years
by A. J. Cronin
The Green Years is a novel by A. J. Cronin that traces the formative years of an Irish orphan, Robert Shannon, who is sent to live with his maternal grandparents in [...]
by Lillian Smith
When it was first published in 1944, this novel sparked immediate controversy and became a huge bestseller. It captured with devastating accuracy the deep-seated racial conflicts of a tightly knit southern [...]
by Lloyd C. Douglas
A Roman soldier, Marcellus, wins Christ's robe as a gambling prize. He then sets forth on a quest to find the truth about the Nazarene's robe-a quest that reaches to the [...]
Tell the world why Tuesday, 7 November 1944 is such a special date for you!