It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
- Dead or Alive
directed by Elmer Clifton
starring: Tex Ritter, Dave O'Brien, Guy Wilkerson
- The Woman in the Window
directed by Fritz Lang
starring: Edward G. Robinson, Joan Bennett, Raymond Massey
- Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo
directed by Mervyn LeRoy
starring: Spencer Tracy, Van Johnson, Robert Walker
- None But the Lonely Heart
directed by Clifford Odets
starring: Cary Grant, Ethel Barrymore, Barry Fitzgerald
- Ministry of Fear
directed by Fritz Lang
starring: Ray Milland, Marjorie Reynolds, Carl Esmond
Send him/her your special wishes with this personalized page
Which were the important events of Tuesday, 07 November 1944 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Willibrord
- Russia - day of the October Revolution (1917) in the Gregorian Calendar, unofficially commemorated
- Northern Catalonia - National Day, after Treaty of Pyrenees.
- Also see November 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous People born
- FDR wins 4th term in office, defeating Thomas E Dewey (R)
- Train crashes in tunnel of Aguadilla Spain; about 500 die
- US President Franklin Roosevelt wins fourth term in office, defeating Thomas E Dewey (Republican).
- A passenger train derails in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico from excessive speed when descending a hill. 16 people are killed and 50 are injured.
- Soviet spy Richard Sorge, a half-Russian, half-German World War I veteran, is hanged by his Japanese captors along with 34 of his ring.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt elected for a record fourth term as President of the United States of America.
Jim Watkins in Philadelphia
: Pennsylvania, USA; actor (Jerry - Magician).
: baseball knuckler (New York Yankees).
: American professional wrestler
: Italian footballer
Famous People died
Richard Sorge & Ozaki
: Spies, hanged in Tokyo
: Jewish woman who parachuted into Yugoslavia during World War II to help save the Jews of Hungary (Born 1921)
What news were making the headlines those days in November 1944 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
by Lillian Smith
When it was first published in 1944, this novel sparked immediate controversy and became a huge bestseller. It captured with devastating accuracy the deep-seated racial conflicts of a tightly knit southern town.
by Lloyd C. Douglas
A Roman soldier, Marcellus, wins Christ's robe as a gambling prize. He then sets forth on a quest to find the truth about the Nazarene's robe-a quest that reaches to the very roots and heart of Christianity and is set against the vividly limned background of ancient Rome.
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
by Betty Smith
The beloved American classic about a young girl's coming-of-age at the turn of the century, Betty Smith's A Tree Grows in Brooklyn is a poignant and moving tale filled with compassion and cruelty, laughter and heartache, crowded with life and people and incident.
by Kathleen Winsor
Abandoned pregnant and penniless on the teeming streets of London, 16-year-old Amber St. Clare manages, by using her wits, beauty, and courage, to climb to the highest position a woman could achieve in Restoration England—that of favorite mistress of the Merry Monarch, Charles II.
Philip Morris Cigarettes Medical Authorities (1944)
When Victory is ours Lee Rubber & Tire, Milton Talbot Menasco (1944)
Piper Cub Plane Prepares for Post-war Flying (1944)
Tell the world why Tuesday, 7 November 1944 is such a special date for you!