Tuesday 7 November 1944
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Hashow and Jim Watkins in Philadelphia.
Dead or Alive, directed by Elmer Clifton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 November 1944!
Which were the important events of 7 November 1944 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Willibrord
- Russia - day of the October Revolution (1917) in the Gregorian Calendar, unofficially commemorated
- Northern Catalonia - National Day, after Treaty of Pyrenees.
- Also see November 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- James Hashow: Composer.
- Jim Watkins in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; actor (Jerry - Magician).
- Ken Patera: American professional wrestler.
- Joe Niekro: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher who played for the Chicago Cubs (1967–1969), San Diego Padres (1969), Detroit Tigers (1970–1972), Atlanta Braves (1973–1974), Houston Astros (1975–1985), New York Yankees (1985–1987), and the Minnesota Twins (1987–1988), with whom he won a World Series championship.
- Pekka Vennamo: Finnish politician, the son of politician Veikko Vennamo, and brother of politician Meri Vennamo.
- Waljinah : Indonesian singer
- Luigi Riva: Italian footballer and manager
- Peter Wilby: English journalist
- FDR wins 4th term in office, defeating Thomas E Dewey (R)
- Train crashes in tunnel of Aguadilla Spain; about 500 die
- US President Franklin Roosevelt wins fourth term in office, defeating Thomas E Dewey (Republican).
- A passenger train derails in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico from excessive speed when descending a hill. 16 people are killed and 50 are injured.
- Soviet spy Richard Sorge, a half-Russian, half-German World War I veteran, is hanged by his Japanese captors along with 34 of his ring.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt elected for a record fourth term as President of the United States of America.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1944 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Ella Fitzgerald & Ink Spots - Into Each Life Some Rain Must Fall
- Ella Fitzgerald & Ink Spots - I'm Making Believe
- Dance with a Dolly (With a Hole in Her Stocking) - Russ Morgan & His Orchestra
- How Many Hearts Have You Broken? - Stan Kenton & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?