It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
- Dead or Alive
directed by Elmer Clifton
starring: Tex Ritter, Dave O'Brien, Guy Wilkerson
- The Woman in the Window
directed by Fritz Lang
starring: Edward G. Robinson, Joan Bennett, Raymond Massey
- Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo
directed by Mervyn LeRoy
starring: Spencer Tracy, Van Johnson, Robert Walker
- None But the Lonely Heart
directed by Clifford Odets
starring: Cary Grant, Ethel Barrymore, Barry Fitzgerald
- Ministry of Fear
directed by Fritz Lang
starring: Ray Milland, Marjorie Reynolds, Carl Esmond
Which were the important events of Tuesday, 07 November 1944 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Willibrord
- Russia - day of the October Revolution (1917) in the Gregorian Calendar, unofficially commemorated
- Northern Catalonia - National Day, after Treaty of Pyrenees.
- Also see November 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous People born
- FDR wins 4th term in office, defeating Thomas E Dewey (R)
- Train crashes in tunnel of Aguadilla Spain; about 500 die
- US President Franklin Roosevelt wins fourth term in office, defeating Thomas E Dewey (Republican).
- A passenger train derails in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico from excessive speed when descending a hill. 16 people are killed and 50 are injured.
- Soviet spy Richard Sorge, a half-Russian, half-German World War I veteran, is hanged by his Japanese captors along with 34 of his ring.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt elected for a record fourth term as President of the United States of America.
Jim Watkins in Philadelphia
: Pennsylvania, USA; actor (Jerry - Magician).
: baseball knuckler (New York Yankees).
: American professional wrestler
: Italian footballer
Famous People died
Richard Sorge & Ozaki
: Spies, hanged in Tokyo
: Jewish woman who parachuted into Yugoslavia during World War II to help save the Jews of Hungary (Born 1921)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1944 ?
TIME Magazine Cover: Harry S. Truman -- Nov. 6, 1944
Esquire Magazine cover
Vogue Magazine cover
Strange Fruit - Lillian Smith
The Robe - Lloyd C. Douglas
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn - Betty Smith
Forever Amber - Kathleen Winsor
Monroe LA-6-200-C Calculator, Accounting (1944)
Du Barry (1944)
Yardley of Londons Bond Street Perfume and Beauty Preparations Lights On For Laughter- (1944)
Tell the world why Tuesday, 7 November 1944 is such a special date for you!