Saturday 8 April 1961
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Hatch and Élise Guilbault.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Blue Moon by The Marcels.
In UK Wooden Heart by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Saturday Night and Sunday Morning, directed by Karel Reisz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Last Of The Just by Andre Schwarz-Bart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Viendo a Biondi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1961!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1961 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Richard Hatch: American newsfigure as the final contestant on a game show, "Survivor.
- Élise Guilbault: Canadian actress.
- Brian McDermott: English footballer and manager.
- British liner Dara explodes in Persian Gulf, kills 236
- A large explosion on board the MV Dara in the Persian Gulf kills 238.
- The British passenger ship ''Dara'' blows up and sinks off Dubai. 238 passengers and crew are killed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Marcels - Blue Moon
- Jorgen Ingmann and His Guitar - Apache
- Elvis Presley - Surrender
- Chubby Checker - Pony Time
- The Shirelles - Dedicated To The One I Love
- Marty Robbins - Don't Worry
- Floyd Cramer - On The Rebound
- The Everly Brothers - Walk Right Back
- Del Shannon - Runaway
- Clarence Frogman Henry - But I Do
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?