Thursday 8 May 1913
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Raja Harishchandra, directed by Dhundiraj Govind Phalke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1913 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Andre Gardere: France sport Champion.
- Sidney James [Cohen]: Johannesburg, South Africa -- Actor (Carry On).
- Bob Clampett: American animator director and producer (d. 1984).
- Sid James: South African-English actor and singer (d. 1976).
- Saima Harmaja: Finnish poet, she lived a short life with fervent poetic creativity.
- André Gardère: French fencer who won a silver medal in the team foil event at the 1936 Summer Olympics. He died on 16 February 1977.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1913 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- When I Lost You - Manuel Romain
- When I Waltz with You - Helen Clark
- On the Mississippi - Billy Murray
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1913?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?