Friday 8 May 1914
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lord Murton [of Lindisfrarne] and Romain Gary.
Home, Sweet Home, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1914 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Lord Murton [of Lindisfrarne]: Deputy Chairman (Comm House of Lords).
- Romain Gary: French diplomat, novelist, film director and World War II aviator of Litvak origin.
- Øystein Os: Norwegian insurance man and journalist.
- Eberhard Telkamp: Germany Military man.
- US Congress approves a resolution designating the second Sunday in May as Mother's Day.
- Paramount Pictures is formed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Darktown Poker Club - Bert Williams
- Nearer My God to Thee - John McCormack
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?