Monday 9 May 1966
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Monday, Monday by The Mamas & The Papas.
In UK Pretty Flamingo by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Arabesque, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1966 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- Mark Tinordi: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Mark Tinordi in Red Deer: Alberta, Canada; NHL defenseman (Washington Capitals).
- 1st black member of Federal Reserve Board (A F Brimmer)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Mamas & The Papas - Monday, Monday
- Young Rascals - Good Lovin'
- Bob Dylan - Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Kicks
- The Beach Boys - Sloop John B
- The Righteous Brothers - (You're My) Soul And Inspiration
- Nancy Sinatra - How Does That Grab You Darlin'
- Dionne Warwick - Message To Michael
- Percy Sledge - When A Man Loves A Woman
- The Shadows Of Knight - Gloria
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?