Friday 11 December 1931
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Tonight or Never, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1931!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1931 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh: Leader B-Sect / guru of rich.
- Richard Devon in Glendale: California, USA; actor (Battle of Blood Island).
- Rita Moreno [Rosa Dolores Alverio] in Humacao: Puerto Rico; actress (West Side Story).
- Rita Moreno: Stage Actress.
- Giorgio Nelli: Italy sport Champion.
- Bhagwan Rajneesh: Indian guru and author of more than a hundred book which are sold through his organization. Rajneesh was not only was intimately familiar with the world's great religions and philosophies, but the modern psychologies
- Pierre Pilote: Canadian ice hockey player
- Rajneesh : Indian guru mystic and educator (d. 1990)
- Ronald Dworkin: American philosopher and scholar (d. 2013)
- Brit Statute of Westminster gives complete legislative independence to Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Ireland, Newfndlnd
- Japan leaves the Golden Standard
- The British Parliament enacts the Statute of Westminster 1931, establishing legislative equality between the self-governing dominions of the Commonwealth of Australia, the Dominion of Canada, the Irish Free State, Dominion of Newfoundland, the Dominion of New Zealand, and the Union of South Africa.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 11 December 1931 and get them!