Wednesday 9 February 1916
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Three Musketeers, directed by Charles Swickard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 February 1916!
Which were the important events of 9 February 1916 ?
- Saint Apollonia, patron saint of dentists and dental technicians
- Saint Ansbert of Rouen
- Saint Maroon's Day - Lebanon
- Pascal Monod: Bordeaux physician.
- Carla Candiani: Italian actress, who died in Anagni on 2 July 2005.
- Tex Hughson: American baseball player (Born 1916).
- Hynek Ignac Frantisek Vojacek composer: dies at age 90.
- NL votes down a proposal by Giants, Braves, and Cubs to increase club player limit from 21 to 22 (The Reds want to decrease to 20)
- 6.00 p.m. ampndash Tristan Tzara quotfoundsquot the art movement Dadaism (according to Hans Arp).
- Emma Goldman is arrested for lecturing on birth control.
- The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra presents its first concert.
- The Romanian football club Sportul Studenţesc is founded.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- He's Got a Bungalow - Arthur Fields
- Perfect Day - Imperial Quartet of Chicago
- My Own Home Town In Ireland - George MacFarlane
- Spanish Dance - Mischa Elman
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?