Thursday 9 February 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Carousel, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 February 1956!
Which were the important events of 9 February 1956 ?
- Saint Apollonia, patron saint of dentists and dental technicians
- Saint Ansbert of Rouen
- Saint Maroon's Day - Lebanon
- Margaret Gilmore: South African-English journalist.
- Mookie Wilson: American baseball player and coach.
- Amelia Gossage: American heiress upon the death of her wealthy parents when she was a teen.
- Philip Jackson Ford Jr: North Carolina, United States -- Basketball player (1976 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Christophe Girard: French politician, regional councilor for Ile-de-France since 2010 and mayor of the 4th arrondissement of Paris since 2012.
- Phil Ford: American athlete, pro basketball player from 1978-1985, primarily with the Kansas City Royals. He coached for a while after he retired and then took a job as a fund raiser for the University of North Carolina athletic department.
- KHPL (now KWNB) TV channel 6 in Hayes Center, NB (ABC) 1st broadcast
- R Lacoste follows Catroux as premier of Algeria.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1956 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 9 February 1956 and get them!