Tuesday 9 June 1903
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1903.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 9 June 1903 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Scenes from 'Sonar Swapan'
Coronation Ceremony and Durbar
Scenes from 'Maner Matan'
Which were the important events of 9 June 1903 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
See other famous people born on 09 June
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1903?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
"Lady Rose's Daughter", by Mary Augusta Ward. Mary Augusta Ward was a British novelist who wrote under her married name as Mrs Humphry Ward (1851-1920).
This scarce antiquarian book is a facsimile reprint of the original. Due to its age, it may contain imperfections such as marks, notations, marginalia and flawed pages.
This book was converted from its physical edition to the digital format by a community of volunteers. You may find it for free on the web.
Books for All Kinds of Readers. ReadHowYouWant offers the widest selection of on-demand, accessible format editions on the market today. Our 7 different sizes of EasyRead are optimized by increasing the font size and spacing between the words and the ...
Tell the world why 9 June 1903 is such a special date for you!